Rowan, Rook and Decard was founded in 2017 by independent game designers Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor, with Maz Hamilton as business director. In 2021 we merged with UFO Press, bringing on board award-winning designer Mina McJanda. In 2022 we expanded further, bringing on producer Zach Cox and finance manager Jane Hermiston, and in 2023 relationship manager Matt Sanders joined the team.
We publish the DIE RPG, Heart, Spire, Honey Heist, Unbound, Goblin Quest, and many other tabletop games. This site is where we share resources and advice for players, as well as news and reviews of interesting games and our own projects and products.
Thanks to our Kickstarter backers, we are an accredited living wage employer.
Our mission, vision and values are updated as we grow.
Our mission is to create incredible experiences through exciting, beautiful, clever games.
Our vision is to innovate and explore new ground with enduring, excellent products.
Our values are:
- No dead levels: we build exciting games with systems that work as story machines.
- Make stories happen: we help people create stories that everyone wants to talk about.
- Built to last: we invest in the future to create products, systems and teams that stand the test of time.
- Get stuff made: everything we promise, we deliver.
- Games for justice: we use our influence and power to promote justice and inclusivity, in our art and in the way we do business.
- Everyone gets paid: we pay and credit everyone who works on our products, and we expect to be paid and credited for our work.