Rowan, Rook and Decard was founded in 2017 by independent game designers Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor, with Mary Hamilton as business director. We publish Heart, Spire, Honey Heist, Unbound, Goblin Quest, and many other tabletop games. This site is where we share resources and advice for players, as well as news and reviews of interesting games and our own projects and products.
Thanks to our Kickstarter backers, we are an accredited living wage employer.
Our mission is to create awesome moments through exciting, beautiful, clever games.
Our vision is to innovate and explore new ground with enduring, excellent experiences.
Our values are:
- No dead levels: we build exciting games with no tedious admin phases.
- Make stories happen: we help people create stories that everyone wants to talk about.
- Built to last: we make bulletproof books and systems that can live forever.
- Get stuff made: everything we promise, we deliver.
- Games for everyone: we want every player to find it easy to imagine themselves in our work.
- Everyone gets paid: we pay and credit everyone who works on our products, and we expect to be paid and credited for our work.
- Justice through art: in everything we do, we are mindful of our responsibility to promote social justice and avoid perpetuating harmful messages and ideologies. We aim to employ diverse creators, make inclusive games, and use our influence to act against social injustices in the world