Heart: The City Beneath is a complete tabletop roleplaying game about delving into a nightmare undercity that will give you everything you’ve ever dreamed of – or kill you in the process. It is a dungeon-crawling, story-forward tabletop RPG from the designers of Spire that focuses on what characters have to lose in pursuit of their dreams in the chaotic darkness beneath the world.
WHAT’S IN THE BOOK?
- Full rules for playing and running games of Heart
- Nine strange character classes and five dangerous callings
- 21 Zenith Abilities – the ultimate expressions of power – almost all of which kill the user when activated
- Over 50 landmarks to explore such as predatory pubs, entropy machines, community centres in churches devoted to forbidden gods, cursed underground stations, vast subterranean forests and portals to multiple heavens
- Over 30 adversaries to avoid, put down or get killed by such as the cannibalistic Butcher, the pathetic Feral Psychopomp, mad trees, train worshippers, burnt-out occultists and Flightless Owl Hives
- Over 40 gorgeous full-colour illustrations by Felix Miall
- An extensive gamesmaster advice section with guidance for all experience levels
Plus! Plot your journey into the City Beneath with a beautiful fold-out hex-map and sticker set illustrated by Heart artist Felix Miall. The map itself is large enough to run several campaigns on (assuming you don’t mind revisiting old landmarks to see how they’ve changed and evolved) and the stickers allow your group to make their own version of the Heart with ease.
The map is printed on thick cardboard (akin to a board game) and is 45cm square when unfolded. Each is supplied with two sheets of 20 hex-shaped stickers – 10 landmarks (each themed after one of the game’s Domains) with a blank space to write a name and 10 connections to stitch them together.
This map makes a beautiful centrepiece for your game of Heart, and allows your players to quickly plot out routes and get their bearings in the chaotic environs of the City Beneath. You’ll also get access to high-res images of the board and stickers, as well as a digital assets pack optimised for use on Roll20, for use with remote play.