Heart: The City Beneath – Heartsblood Edition
The ultimate, gorgeous, deluxe version of Heart: The City Beneath.
We have a strictly limited number of Heartsblood editions of Heart: The City Beneath which we are able to sell. These were created during the Kickstarter for the original game, and are each one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted collector’s items made using traditional bookbinding and leatherworking techniques, created to look like items you might find in the world of the game. They contain the same internal content and game as the other editions of Heart – the detailing is cosmetic only.
As there are a limited number of these remaining and each one has different features, please contact us directly – via the contact form or by sending an email to email@example.com – if you are interested in purchasing one.
They retail at £275 each, which includes tracked and fully insured shipping. Unfortunately it is not currently possible for us to ship these to EU destinations, but we can place them on hold until Brexit shipping issues make it possible for us to send them without the risk of you needing to pay additional taxes.
These books feature:
- A genuine leather wraparound cover in one of four colours: black, brown, red, and green. The green leather is treated so that it will discolour and become darker over time where it bends; this makes it a little thicker than the other colours, but all are thin and flexible, and retain soft fibres on the inside of the wrapping. Natural markings on the skins mean that each book has a unique grain pattern. The skins were selected from JT Batchelor’s leather store in London, which uses leather sourced from other industries along with vegetable dyes and traditional dyeing techniques.
- Custom artwork designed by Heart’s master artist Felix Miall. These were hand-pressed onto all sides of the wraparound cover by bookbinders at Wyvern Bindery, either with gold foil or by “blind” blocking, where heat and pressure are used without foil to create a dark imprint of the art on the leather.
- Either: traditional longstitch binding, in which the sections are hand-stitched through the leather spine, to allow the book to fall open at the table; or traditional case binding, in which the sections were stitched together into a single block and glued into the leather with the use of endpapers. Our bookbinders used hand-marbled endpapers created by Jemma Marbles.
- A hand-numbered and signed bookplate insert on thick cream cardstock, hand-pressed in black foil with the Spire Above Heart Below artwork from the Heartsblood back cover.
- UV offset printed pages finished by Livonia Print.